Stormcloud Games ASCII inspired dungeon crawler has officially launched on PS4 and is available for immediate download via the PlayStation Network.
Brut@l is a modern re-imagining of the classic ASCII dungeon crawler, fusing old-school gaming with a stunning 3D visual style to create something unique for the PS4.
Richard Wood, Producer at Stormcloud Games said:
“With Brut@l we wanted to take the joy we had playing ASCII games and reinvent it for a modern audience. We’re at an amazing stage of the industry where people who grew up playing games are now making their own, and so with Brut@l we wanted to pay homage to the games that inspired us to play and eventually create.”
In Brut@l you will choose your hero: Ranger, Mage, Warrior or Amazon then descend into a procedurally generated world constructed entirely from ASCII letters.
With perma-death, weapon crafting, potion brewing and an onslaught of enemies to face, can you survive Brut@l?
– Choose from four archetypal characters.
– Craft powerful weapons and brew strange potions to aid you in your quest.
– Level up your hero to unlock new skills and devastating combat abilities.
– Survive 26 procedurally generated dungeon levels the face-off against the fearsome Guardian of the Dungeon.
– Get creative with Brut@l’s Dungeon Creator, an intuitive editing tool that lets you build, play, share and even die in your very own dungeon.
– Share the adventure with a friend in two player local co-op.